Shot by mr. Pam. Thank you, Pam!
1. NSFW action begins at around :07, right after the votes are tallied and the protest starts. You’ve been warned. Also, what’s with the moaning?
2. Would the protesters still have stripped down if the vote had gone their way?
3. Pay attention at :39 to the supervisor uncomfortably rocking back and forth in his chair. That’s Scott Wiener, the supervisor who introduced the ban and who is credited with bringing the other supervisors on board. Is he proud of what he’s done? He looks nervous! What does he think all those old nudists (one has a cane!) might do?
4. 1:56. “Anorexia, bulimia, cutting…sexual intimacy issues…” The hell? Presumably, that protester is making the case that being ashamed of one’s body could lead to those types of problems, and that banning public nudity is a way of making people feel ashamed. And yet, he’s the only protester wearing clothes. What is he ashamed of?
5. 2:21. The anti-circumcision nuts, who are happy to glom on to someone else’s cause. I hope they’re supporting all of the nudists, even the ones with circumcised penises.
6. Of course, no protest would be complete without someone screaming “fascism.” Watch out! It’s coming.